re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

domgal

re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

Post by domgal »

Hi all, I bought a chinese cnc/ laser machine. The instructions says it's a Woodpecker cnc machine. The laser runs LiteFire software. I fired it up yesterday and the laser works well, tests great and burns well and the software talks to the machine. But the problem I have is that when I followed the wiring instructions it gave me up and down and side to side movement but no back to front. On the software main page it only has Y and X axis, so I take it that it should only have back to front and side to side movement, up and down? As the up and down is for the cnc machine? If I change the wires around to allow for the Z axis, back to front movement it then works, but when I ask the software to engrave something it does not move and stays in one spot and burns on one spot. Yes I have asked the Chinese seller but have got no reply. I have cnc software questions and have had no reply. We chose this seller because they seemed to have very good feedback with answering questions, but now I need them they have fallen of the earth. I have attached a copy of the instructions with the wiring instructions. Hopefully is a simple fix with something I'm doing wrong. Thanks Dominic
domgal

Re: re Chinese woodpecker cnc plus laser machine

Post by domgal »

This morning i was trying the machine again and it's trying to work. Looks like to me no matter what size I set a script to I've tried it on 72 the biggest it engraves at smaller them 1 mill. In the NC sender section of the software I got it to do something by clicking outline but it engraved all the letters on top of each other. Thanks Dominic
Julpaoeze

Post by Julpaoeze »

I'm not with you. Tell me what you mean.Can you take a photo?
What trademark is it? Woodpecker cnc machine no a brand
domgal

Post by domgal »

Woodpecker cnc is the name that's on the instructions. I've tried to attach the instructions but it keeps telling me I can't. But as I said before this morning I tried to use the laser again and it looked like to me that it was trying to engrave but was very very very small. I'm now wondering if the long screws rods that move both the laser head and cnc spindle are turning in the end brackets. This has me stumped. I'm not sure the mother board is stuffed, or if I'm doing something wrong in the LiteFire software or if I put the machine together wrong.
domgal

Post by domgal »

Here are some photos one shows the results of the engraving. As you can see it just stays in one place and burns.
Attachments
cnc 003.JPG
cnc 003.JPG (538.29 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
cnc 004.JPG
cnc 004.JPG (695.95 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
cnc 002.JPG
cnc 002.JPG (494.34 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
domgal

Post by domgal »

Can I get an Arduino controller? which one do I get? If I could get one that could run both the laser and cnc that would be great or do I need to get two one to run Mach3 for cnc and one for the laser?