Need help!Chinese 60w laser bed adjustment

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

EfronzacMurn

Need help!Chinese 60w laser bed adjustment

Post by EfronzacMurn »

I've been lurking here for a short while, performing uncounted general searches and a couple specific ones lately. Thanks to this forum, I can now read the menu panel on my recently received laser engraver, in English. Unfortunately all my searches are in vain for this current question.
The laser I have is an unbranded model, but this eBay posting is nearly identical:
USB Laser Engraving Cutter Stand 500x700mm Cutting Machine ENGRAVER 60W CO2 | eBay
I've begun the alignment process, again thanks to this forum, but have been unable to get the motorized adjustable bed to fall from the current position. I'm uncertain if it is due to a faulty component or my own lack of understanding of the panel controls. The X and Y movement buttons work as expected. I am able to get the Z value in the display to change, but the bed does not move.

What button sequence should result in bed travel?

Possibly unrelated to this problem, I've also found one set of wires, screwed into a connector block, hanging free inside the controller area enclosure. I'm impressed with the wire management, all cables enclosed in "finger channel" but this particular loose set is of insufficient length to reach any open connections on the modules within the enclosure.

Any suggestions?
Cntkfspac

Re: Need help ! Chinese 60w laser bed adjustment

Post by Cntkfspac »

An update of sorts. I located/discovered the axes reset segment of the menu and performed a reset on the x/y with no problems. As expected, the head and carriage moved to the limit switches and backed off a mm or less. Performing the Z-axis reset resulted in a "resetting..." message on the display and little else, up to the time-out, returning me to the primary screen.

I suppose one pays one's money and takes one's chances. I'm hopeful the seller will provide suitable diagnostic assistance and replacement parts in order to effect a repair.
DouasUser

Post by DouasUser »

Hi
no I am no expert, but the question I ask is "is the Z table motorized"
from the pictures in the link provided to e bay that machine appears to be a manual shift by means of the white knob in the front right hand corner of the machine
and looking at the pics of the inside of the unit there does not appear to be a motor
also the spec states that the table is "easily adjustable" and they would normally boast the fact of a motored table as a selling point
hence this is why you may have that connector block with nothing to connect
just a thought
Dave
Pdprfbchs

Post by Pdprfbchs »

Thanks for your insight. It's often too easy to overlook something obvious and that's one great benefit of forums such as this.

It's entirely possible that the link I sent is less representative of the product than I would have liked. This particular unit is, on the surface, identical to the one in the post, but I have had my hands in the works, specifically on the motor and the four lead screws for the lift mechanism. The motor is located in the rear, easily accessed, difficult to turn, but not locked in place from a failure. I can turn any of the screws and the toothed belt changes the position of the bed.

I've also noted that the motor cable has four conductors while the disconnected one has six, suggesting that the two are unrelated. If there was a manual bed adjustment knob on this machine, I'd be willing to allow the seller to provide a refund of equivalent value, as I see no great problems with such a method.
idlenomore

Post by idlenomore »

Sometimes things are just simpler than maybe they should be. In this case, the machine is not controlling the bed level by the panel. I discovered a pair of momentary action push buttons (redundant?) on the side marked bed level up and down, or something to that effect. If ever there was a "duh" moment, that was it. Still a minor problem, as the bed-up button is physically broken and not making contact. That turns a questionable problem into an easily resolved solution (more redundancy?) awaiting my available time to dissect and test it.

And now this problem is resolved. The button was constructed of two press-fit/snap-together components that unsnapped. Simple alignment of registration moldings and I have a working bed lift again.

Unfortunately I'll be posting another message about a much worse situation.