Problems with large project.

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Omarkido

Problems with large project.

Post by Omarkido »

I have been doing a little reading while waiting for a response. I did attempt to boost from 300 dpi up to 400, that seemed to only make it worse. After speaking with a photographer/printer friend of mine, they suggested dropping down to a 220 dpi setting. I wont have the super fine detail, but being as its a scroll work sign, that wont be neccessary. I only loaded my sheet about 10 minutes ago but so far so good. before i was having issues as soon as it dropped from the boarder. it is now about 1/10th of the way into the actual lettering and not a zag yet. fingers crossed. thanks again for your input though.
Wayne Rees

Re: Problems with large project.

Post by Wayne Rees »

Hiya

with raster engraving, if you save as a bitmap it can be huge, if you use a program such as Photograv, it will convert it into a virtual greyscale image but it will only have a 2 bit depth, so the file sizes are kept small without loss of detail
GeppaDip

Post by GeppaDip »

hi
well I am no master by any means
but had a similar problem of which was purely down to resolution of the file, for the small pieces a lower res may be ok but when you expand to a much larger piece then the res should go up with- just a thought
sure some of our resident wizards may have a different view
chrisqy1

Post by chrisqy1 »

Hello, I am new to this forum, and only somewhat skilled with laser engraving. I work for a company doing production with a CADfive laser. We use CoralDraw and Smartcarve.

Generally we only do small pieces such as ornaments/magnets/keychains.

I am trying to do a custom job that will take up most of my 30"x20" bay. My issue is that when I burn a small test piece, it comes out perfect, but when I try to do the full size piece, it comes out extremely distorted. The burn is clean, but all vertical lines zigzag. At first i thought it was because I had converted the image to a bitmap too many times, so i did a fresh file. Then i thought it was because i had stretched the image inside of smartcarve, so I re did it from scratch again and sized appropriately in coral. All to no avail. I do not want to keep wasting sheets so I figured i would ask her. any help would be appreciated.Thank you in advance.