Laser Runs Constantly During Job

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

TheGoal

Post by TheGoal »

Hi Guys,

Please excuse my naivety as I am more of a newbie to forums than even to laser engraving!

I've purchased a Shg-350 machine offline to use as a trial system before diving deeper into the market financially. Upon delivery the tube was cracked so I have replaced this (supplied by the seller) and finally been able to test it, I've aligned the mirrors and a pulse runs fine.
The machine was supplied with RDWorks8 which I'm reasonably happy using as I've a lot of experience with Gravostyle (for rotary engraving), I design a job, copy it to a USB, copy it into the machines memory and it previews fine on the display but when the engraving/dotting begins the laser runs constantly until the job is completed.
I've tried altering the speed and power but these obviously have no impact and I've tried calling a few firms in this country for advise but they aren't interested with this being an online purpose (which I understand to an extent)

Am I doing something wrong? Have I got setting incorrect? Is there an obvious fault on the machine?

All help gratefully received!
LikNony

Re: Laser Runs Constantly During Job

Post by LikNony »

Hi guys,
I don't understand what you are saying.The machine can't stop working?
Dellorik1992

Post by Dellorik1992 »

Not sure exactly. The laser runs on "tick" which is an engine timing mechanism. My thought was it might have something to do with timing due to low frame rates or a setting. But that doesnt seem to be the case.
TheGoal

Post by TheGoal »

Hi guys,

Hopefully the attached picture better illustrates my issue.
Attachments
IMG_2898[1].PNG
IMG_2898[1].PNG (672.79 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
LikNony

Post by LikNony »

You can attached design pictre Contrast.