Deep cutting for rings with fiber laser

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

brozo

Deep cutting for rings with fiber laser

Post by brozo »

Hey all, new to the forum here. I have recently purchased a 100W fiber laser with a rotary fixture. I am looking to engrave patterns into Titanium and Zirconium rings. I am specifically trying to produce deep cuts (0.5-0.75mm) that could be filled. I am using EZCAD2 software and have everything up and running. I was hoping to get some help on determining laser and hatch settings to get a nice clean deep engraving. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
jen01

Re: Deep cutting for rings with fiber laser

Post by jen01 »

brozo wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 pm Hey all, new to the forum here. I have recently purchased a 100W fiber laser with a rotary fixture. I am looking to engrave patterns into Titanium and Zirconium rings. I am specifically trying to produce deep cuts (0.5-0.75mm) that could be filled. I am using EZCAD2 software and have everything up and running. I was hoping to get some help on determining laser and hatch settings to get a nice clean deep engraving. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Consider checking out the Monport laser for your projects. It's high quality, easy to use, and affordable. You can find more details here: https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3