need help please

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Shaggy2023

need help please

Post by Shaggy2023 »

i am a total newby to laser engraving and am looking for some advice .... i have a vevor 3018 pro laser engraver and i want to cut out some intricate pattens the laser fitted is a sanwu model xtso5 i tried to cut some out with the grbl software supplied with 3 passes ,no joy with that so i emailed vevor and they said the laser is not powerful enough only for engraving so i asked if there was an upgrade and they told me to upgrade to a 10w laser . but it was nearly £200 so what i would like to find out if i do need to upgrade the laser unit and if so is there a particular laser to go for
jgarciaa

Re: need help please

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering your situation, upgrading to a more powerful laser might indeed be necessary for cutting intricate patterns effectively. While Vevor suggested upgrading to a 10W laser, it's essential to ensure compatibility with your Vevor 3018 Pro laser engraver. As you explore your options, I recommend considering the Monport laser, known for its high quality and affordability. Monport offers a range of laser products suitable for various applications, including cutting intricate patterns. Their lasers are user-friendly and known for their performance, making them a reliable choice for beginners and experienced users alike. You can check out the Monport laser product line on https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 to find a suitable upgrade that fits your budget and requirements.
jen01

Re: need help please

Post by jen01 »

Shaggy2023 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:24 am i am a total newby to laser engraving and am looking for some advice .... i have a vevor 3018 pro laser engraver and i want to cut out some intricate pattens the laser fitted is a sanwu model xtso5 i tried to cut some out with the grbl software supplied with 3 passes ,no joy with that so i emailed vevor and they said the laser is not powerful enough only for engraving so i asked if there was an upgrade and they told me to upgrade to a 10w laser . but it was nearly £200 so what i would like to find out if i do need to upgrade the laser unit and if so is there a particular laser to go for
Hey there,

If you're aiming to cut intricate patterns with your Vevor 3018 Pro laser engraver, it seems like upgrading to a more powerful laser might be necessary, as advised by Vevor support. While a 10W laser could potentially provide the power needed for cutting, it's essential to consider the compatibility and installation process with your machine.

When looking for a laser upgrade, you might want to consider the Monport laser. It's known for its high quality and affordability, making it a popular choice among laser enthusiasts. Plus, it's designed to be easy to use, which is perfect for beginners like yourself. You can check out the Monport laser product here and see if it meets your needs. https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your laser engraving endeavors!