Laser File Transfer

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

William Harrison

Laser File Transfer

Post by William Harrison »

I am in the final stages of setting my laser up. It is a 100W JD6090. I am unable to get files onto the machine via USB drive or direct connection to PC.

USB Drive: I have loaded .rd files from RDWorks (version 8) onto the drive. I plug into machine, read file from Udrive, no files found. I have tried multiple USB drives.

Direct connection to computer: Connected the PC to machine, ensured that my power settings are not set to power saving. I have Installed the USB driver via RDWorks (twice). I continue to get port test failure. I have done this with the USB cable that came with machine, and also used a printer cable to connect directly to the usb plug inside the machine (bypassed the cord running to the female usb port on the side of the machine).

I purchased this machine from a neighbor that never used it. He purchased it back in 2016 and it sat in his small garage shop unused.

I have a few videos showing my processes above, but am unable to attach them here due to file type. I have scoured youtube videos and tried everything I can find. I'm hoping there is something small i'm missing =/.

I downloaded RDworks directly from the internet and did not use the disk that came with the machine. I read online that this was best.

Any help for this newbie is appreciated =D