Laser power issues

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Sophia9187

Laser power issues

Post by Sophia9187 »

Hi everyone,
I recently installed a new tube and power supply to my ls3020 laser cutter. Everything has been working fine for a few weeks (machine has done approx 30 hours of cutting/ engraving) however, I went to the machine today and have massively reduced power from the tube and it will not cut through 3 mm mdf.
I ran a testjob and looked at the laser whilst it was cutting and I am getting a strongish purple glow from both ends of the tube but nothing in the middle. However, when I press the pulse laser button I managed to get a very strong full beam throughout the tube.
Any ideas why I'm not getting the correct power when I'm trying to cut an actual job?
SteraHam

Re: Laser power issues

Post by SteraHam »

I am sorry to hear it. Well, in this case, you have three choices, replace laser power, replace laser tube, and check the laser beam.
Most likely,laser power is out.You should adjustment power to change current.When current in 10~20MA check laser tube work well?
If it getting a strongish purple glow from middle and not noise the laser tube is well. If not check the laser power