CO2 laser beam wiggles

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

RobertSt

CO2 laser beam wiggles

Post by RobertSt »

I have machine here that had identical problems after operating for two hours, claimed via ebay after company started faffing around and received full refund, eBay instructed company to collect item within 7 days and they could not be bothered so it became my property. have full refund, 90% probability tube is dead all catalyst and gasses escape during shipping, months on board ship and in warehouses before and after, a common problem which is why I purchased via eBay and paid with paypal to be covered. Had to quote all relevant trading laws to eBay to get decision but they were quick and solved problem within 7 days of claim, most powerful argument could well be faked ISO and CE certifications that tend to be attached to these Chinese machines, easy to research and disprove so even credit card companies will refund.
JuniorAdup

Re: CO2 laser beam wiggles

Post by JuniorAdup »

The tape is likely from the factory, I had one like that too (I've been told you should not have the high voltage line running along the tube since).

Definitely check for cracks first really closely.

My brother's first tube had a defect/impurity in the glass that failed after a short time. I'd say it's a strong possibility. If you see energized plasma outside the inner tube there is a crack somewhere.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Ronaldsar

Post by Ronaldsar »

Love the good job with the red sticky tape, I mean why bother to do it properly if you have sticky tape... LOL
Never saw a laser wiggle as that is usually not possible, but it is quite possible to a wiggle from a refelctive wave inside the thin laser tube.
A video of the effect would have been good - but I do not recommend firing the laser up again to make one.
Get some really good light and maybe a magnifying glass and check the inner tube for cracks, especially the coiled section.
If there is a crack it would explain your problem.
Haroldabag

Post by Haroldabag »

Hi, laser enthusiasts!!! I'm here to borrow some of your enthusiasm as mine is being put to the test ever since I got this machine (I only could afford one from China to start my business and didn't have the best experience yet... no manual, sofware missing, parts missing -later sent, but still trying to get them pay for customs as I payed the first time... when they should've arrived). I'd love some input on a problem I'm having... with the output. And the laser beam itself.

Yesterday I could finally get it to be fully operational and worked perfectly. I adjusted mirrors, too, so laser beam was correctly directioned. And it worked. Took care of water and air supply first. No leakage or bubbles in the tube. Laser beam straight and consistent. It's a 80W tube. Never got it over 15mA (if that's of any use).

And then, output stopped mid-work and insted of having this continuous beam inside the discharge tube I had an intense violet glow at the extremes and a clearly wiggly beam (purplish-orangish) that wiggled not only inside the discharge tube but outside (still inside the lase tube). Reminds me of the ghostbuster's film I saw as a kid and the proton packs they fired. I got scared and stopped the machine. Haven't use it since... but i want to learn, to fix this and to get to work!

Have any of you experienced this or has any idea of what could be going on?

I attached images... it was daylight so it might not be clear enough.

I'd really appreciate any help!!!

Thank you very much,

attached picture
Attachments
222.jpg
222.jpg (11.67 KiB) Viewed 2275 times