The problem of Mdf material cutter !

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Thosikbuh

The problem of Mdf material cutter !

Post by Thosikbuh »

Hello,
I am looking to cut MDF on a 2.2kw bystronic bysprint. I am looking for some advice regarding doing this such as parameters etc. Also, if its 6mm MDF, would you sent the material thickness to 6mm, and turn of height sensing..? Im fairly new to this and not sure if when the head comes down will it detect when it is just above the mdf?

I am aware of the health and safety issues and that additional extraction is required.
Thank you for all advice given.
Jefferybarf

Re: The problem of Mdf material cutter !

Post by Jefferybarf »

6mm MDF you will probably want to cut at the highest speed and lowest power that you can. Not sure what the bottom-out power on a 2.2kW resonator is, but probably extremely over-powered for MDF. Height sensing is USUALLY capacitive on the large machines and I would guess that it's calibrated against a metal work piece. Safest is to manually adjust; next best bet is to monitor the height sensing for any anomalies because it should in theory detect MDF but might not be set up for it.
mlcaedos

Re: The problem of Mdf material cutter !

Post by mlcaedos »

Hi,
We had autofocus on head . It is a inductive switch when the lower pin on head was up and touch or near the upper pin , the table will stop rising and lower a distance above the material .
Well we also have common machines that find the focus by manually .
The day before yesterday I cut a plywood thickness is 4/5 mm , use Reci 150W ,power 50 ,speed is lower i remember . Air assist and exhaust fan must be turn on as much smoke will be produced .To get more helath , connect a air filter then the smoke can go through it and discharge outside .While cutting or engraving , operator should not leave the machine alone ,as it may get fire itself . Once any emergency happened ,cut off the main power fisrt and do some remedial measure as you can .More details you have to see the manual it is more clear i think .

Best regards