Thunder Laser error

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

plsiskin

Thunder Laser error

Post by plsiskin »

Tried to start a job on my new Thunder Laser Mini 60 and I got an error “No enough extended space”. Any suggestions?
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: Thunder Laser error

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Here https://www.thunderlaser.com/troublesho ... space.html

This problem only appears on engraving mode, it’s caused by the buffer distance is out of bound.
For example, if you want to engrave a picture of 200×200mm, you move the laser head to the top left corner of the working table and press the “Origin” to set the starting point.
When you press the “Start” button to start engraving, the failure warning would appear.
How to fix this problem?
Press ESC at first, and then move laser head to right distance to leave enough buffer distance.
Now set a new starting point by pressing the “origin”, you will find the problem was fixed when you run the job again.
Why this happen?
When the machine is engraving in high speed, the actual moving distance of the motor is usually large than the graphic.
Therefore, we need to keep enough buffer distance on the two sides of the graphic.
The buffer distance will be longer as long as you set faster speed, so we need to keep more buffer distance when the speed is higher.
Mervinlee1235a

Re: Thunder Laser error

Post by Mervinlee1235a »

Thank you very much for bringing the error into the light and also glad to see how to fix the thunder laser error. It was a new experience to me as a laser tech learner.