How parameter works?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Wilsonon

How parameter works?

Post by Wilsonon »

i run for years a mazak 3000w all the parameter were passed by nesting software from amada in the nc and run great.
now i changed company, and i have to use a trumpf L3050 5000w

te cutting table are on the machine, trumpf technician and onboard help say that focus poin it's at the tip of nozzle. so i can't undestend how the parameter in this machine works

for what i know focal point must be at 2/3 of the material thickness if cutting alluminium or fe360, and on surface if cutting aisi304,

frequency: less frequency on stainless steel help to not have a "plasma", in other materials what do?

gas pressure: more pressure help clean the back of cut, too high pressure cause a dross on back, too low cause not cutting or melting material on the back that weld the piece.

focal point: i kmow that the focal point must be at 2/3 of material thickness, but in trumpf focal point is always outside the material 2-3mmm from the surface, how can i handle it?

nozzle distance: new parameter that i don't have in mazak, ok it's the distance from the tip to the surface aterial, but what change if i modify the value?

there is a manual or something that teach me how all this stuff works? or someone can explain me?
i've learned all by alone with no training, and im sure it's not the right way, but there is no chance to have a official training.

machine cut is god but not best, and cutting modifing parameters with no comprension will result in a lot of material waste, time waste, and maybe damage to the machine, modify parameters by knowing what to do is better.
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: How parameter works?

Post by LINUS »

If you modify the nozzle distance from the material you risk the chance of loosing the cut, where that will change the focal distance of the laser. I also program for my laser's and have never run into problems besides speed. What i have always did to change any setting is modify the tech table (fastkey 1151) to the default settings and change parameters in there. you can also look to see if your laser power cycles are off (fastkey 1152, to assure that the head height is correct just in case the sheet is not totally flat (fastkey 1153). make sure that your calibrate distance control system is at a 1.
(dont do what i did the first time i was in these settings, make sure your on the program you want to modify first)

I am unsure if that will help you since we are on 2 different machines. But the menus on all trumpf systems are the same
Because of major,be at ease so.