Hey!

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Pappy2020

Hey!

Post by Pappy2020 »

Hoping to gain some more insight/info into laser engraving. A newbie of only a week since I bought my laser. I went small and inexpensive before jumping in with both feet. A 80mm x 80mm bed, 3500 mw blue laser. Really interested in all it can do at this point. I've already purchased a small 3D printer and love what it can do. It's great to have a wife who understands my addiction to technology. Was in communications and electronics for 35+ years. Now retired but still need to do something to keep busy all the time.

Finding info on settings for different materials has become a real chore. Seems like the manufacture of these small lasers aren't worried about helping you use them - just selling them. I'm plodding through just experimenting with different setting for different woods, leather, plastics, paper products, etc. so far.

here's hoping, like the folks on my wood working and car sites, the folks here are anxious to share and be constructively commenting on projects and questions I have.

"Pop" Ryan
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: Hey!

Post by LINUS »

Welcome! :lol:
Because of major,be at ease so.