NEJE Laser - LiteFire software

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

ejnmn

NEJE Laser - LiteFire software

Post by ejnmn »

I got a small 300mw hobby laser off Amazon from NEJE. The LiteFire software is simple, but easy to use. Results are fine. Documentation is sparse.

Unfortunately, the litefire software contains malware (at least the copy they gave me did). What recommendations do folks have on alternatives. Engraving an image from a .bmp / .jpg / etc is nice. Would also like to import vectors from other software. (or create them)
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: NEJE Laser - LiteFire software

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Ejnmn
Could you please take a picture about the software interface to me
Let me can judge the software comes from which manufacturer in China
May be you can download a old version from our forum
For what software can create the vector file?
You can use coreldraw, autocad, ai software to draw that vector(plt dxf format) to import into your laser software.

Have a nice day
ejnmn

Post by ejnmn »

I could only capture this much, as Symantec has it quarantined right now...
Software image.PNG
Software image.PNG (13.66 KiB) Viewed 64401 times
Ruth A

Post by Ruth A »

Hiya

pulling this thread back to life because I'm getting the exact same screen. Laser works with the preloaded test etch but all the buttons that would indicate that the laser is connected are greyed out like on your screenshot. Did you ever manage to solve this?
Zax

Post by Zax »

ejnmn wrote:I could only capture this much, as Symantec has it quarantined right now...
Does all Chinese software come with malware :roll: , this is the same problem as Benbox.
T2Laser
Intro: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=41.msg266#msg266
Download & Conversion: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=41.msg272#msg272
Updates: http://benboxlaser.us/index.php?topic=113.msg1263#msg1263
bearbenami

Post by bearbenami »

Hi guys n gals!

I have been reading about this malware-in-driver issue from Chinese manufacturers. As I understand it, the AV software is being activated by the insertion of a new but digitally unsigned driver to the OS. This function, while very necessary, violates Windows UAC (user access control) and thus triggers the malware warning. US manufacturers and some others work within the Windows community to develop WQHL qualified drivers (digitally signed) but not everyone does.

In the articles I read, it was advised to turn off the AV-ware for the installation.

I just bought the Neje HK8 1000mW engraver and have been researching the software prior to its arrival. Good luck with your engraving endeavors!