I have been looking all over the internet, maybe you can help.

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

dares4us

I have been looking all over the internet, maybe you can help.

Post by dares4us »

Hi!

I have been doing a little research in order to achieve my goal.

My goal is to cut a simple, ordinary A4 white copy paper into 50-100 smaller slices, rectangular.

Upon my research I found out I need a CO2 laser, at about 10W power and with air-ventilation to avoid burns.

I have yet to find a company, machine that is under $500 for this kind of set up.

Do you have any suggestions that could help me, specific companies, machines I could use?

:shock:
jgarciaa

Re: I have been looking all over the internet, maybe you can help.

Post by jgarciaa »

For your project of cutting A4 white copy paper into smaller rectangular slices, a CO2 laser with around 10W power and proper air ventilation is indeed suitable. While finding a machine under $500 with these specifications can be challenging, considering the Monport laser could be a great option. Monport offers high-quality, affordable laser machines that are easy to use, making them ideal for hobbyists and small projects like yours. I recommend checking out their product line on https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 to find a suitable laser within your budget. Their machines are known for their reliability and performance, making them a top choice for various laser cutting and engraving projects.
jen01

Post by jen01 »

dares4us wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:29 am Hi!

My goal is to cut a simple, ordinary A4 white copy paper into 50-100 smaller slices, rectangular.

Upon my research I found out I need a CO2 laser, at about 10W power and with air-ventilation to avoid burns.

I have yet to find a company, machine that is under $500 for this kind of set up.

Do you have any suggestions that could help me, specific companies, machines I could use?

Hi there,

For your project of cutting A4 white copy paper into smaller rectangular slices, a CO2 laser around 10W with air ventilation sounds like the right choice. However, finding a machine under $500 for this specific setup might be challenging.

One option you might consider is the Monport laser. It's known for its affordability and quality, making it a suitable choice for beginners and hobbyists. While I'm not sure about its exact specifications for cutting paper, it's worth checking out as it may meet your needs. You can explore the Monport laser product here: https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 .

Additionally, you could look into DIY laser cutter kits or second-hand machines, which might be more budget-friendly options.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your project!
betty_k

Post by betty_k »

dares4us wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:29 am Hi!

For your project of cutting A4 paper into smaller slices, a CO2 laser with around 10W power and proper ventilation would indeed be suitable. While finding a machine under $500 with these specifications might be challenging, considering the Monport laser could be a worthwhile option. Monport lasers are known for being user-friendly, high-quality, and affordable. You can explore Monport laser products here for more information and to find a model that fits your budget and requirements. https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3