K40 Y-Axis Light Control Broken

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Ale_V

K40 Y-Axis Light Control Broken

Post by Ale_V »

Hello,

I have just bought a K40 laser cutter on Aliexpress from a company called "Yonntech Official Store" which shipped the machine from Germany.
I attach a link to see the machine: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3303550 ... 4c4dzLRQm4
Ever since then only headeaches...
Firstly the machine arrived with the axis completely misaligned and the Switch On button (the one you see in the top right corner of the control panel) doesn't work, it's always on no matter what.
I managed to re-align the axis but now when I switch on the Power Switch (Red button in the lower right corner) the head goes back to "home" on the X Axis (Horizontal) but the whole X axis, instead of going back to "home" position, it moves down along the Y axis for, more or less, 10cm before stopping. If I keep on switching it on/off it would eventually crash at the end of the Y-axis against the enclosure.
The seller told me that the Y-Axis Light Control is broken but, even if I paid for the replacement, they disappeared and, so far, they haven't sent me anything.

I have to say I am pretty desperate now...
I tried to look if there was some sort of switch like in 3D printer but it seems like there is nothing...

Have you got any ideas of what I could do?
What it this Y Axis Light control? Where could I buy a spare one?

Thank you very much!

My best

Alessandro

PS: for the one interested, never buy from this store. I wanted to have the machine replaced, or to have a refund, but I should have shipped the machine back to CHINA (even thought I bought it in Germany) and the average cost from Italy is 873€ (I paid the machine 400€). After an ethernal dispute on Aliexpress I eventually only got back a 120€ refund for a machine that is broken and the seller disappeared...
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: K40 Y-Axis Light Control Broken

Post by LINUS »

You can try to replace a limit switch. What's Light Control? I think it's Photoelectric switch.
Because of major,be at ease so.
Ale_V

Re: K40 Y-Axis Light Control Broken

Post by Ale_V »

I have no idea...
This is what the seller told me...

Where is the photoelectric switch?

Thank you very much!

Ale