Zigzag trace problem

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

Kaarlo

Zigzag trace problem

Post by Kaarlo »

I have a brand new laser cutter and I have a problem with cutting path.
When I cut straight lines parallel to x- and y- axis trace is straight as it should be.
When I cut diagonally lines there occurs some zigzag but the worst quality (zigzag) is when I cut small and curvy paths.
That zigzag occurs especially after "turning points". See the picture in the appendix.

I have tried different speeds, at first 30, then 20, no help. I am cutting 4 mm plywood. I have also older laser cutter, and it doesn't have any problem with the cutting path. Do you have any idea why the cutting paths are not straight? Thanks for help!
Attachments
20190425_101814.jpg
20190425_101814.jpg (82.27 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
justin_h

Re: Zigzag trace problem

Post by justin_h »

Kaarlo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am I have a brand new laser cutter and I have a problem with cutting path.
When I cut straight lines parallel to x- and y- axis trace is straight as it should be.
When I cut diagonally lines there occurs some zigzag but the worst quality (zigzag) is when I cut small and curvy paths.
That zigzag occurs especially after "turning points". See the picture in the appendix.

I have tried different speeds, at first 30, then 20, no help. I am cutting 4 mm plywood. I have also older laser cutter, and it doesn't have any problem with the cutting path. Do you have any idea why the cutting paths are not straight? Thanks for help!
Considering the issues you're facing with your current laser cutter, I would recommend looking into the Monport laser as a potential solution. Monport lasers are known for their high quality, ease of use, and affordability. They may provide a more reliable cutting experience with smoother cutting paths, especially for intricate designs and curved lines. You can explore Monport laser products and their features at [https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm].