Focus issue with Acmer P1

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

rusko

Focus issue with Acmer P1

Post by rusko »

Hi guys,

I made a "focus test" with my new Acmer P1 10w and the result is... well... go on reading.

Left side is on the base, right side is 15mm higher. I made 4 lines:
1) 300mm/min, 1 pass, 70%
2) 300mm/min, 2 pass, 70%
3) 500mm/min, 1 pass, 70%
4) 500mm/min, 2 pass, 70%

The marker "Focus" (in the middle) is where the laser is at the "nominal" distance (set with a "spacer" mounted on the laser itself), the marker similar to a Φ (on the right) is where the laser touches the board (3mm thick).

This is the Front side.
up.jpg
up.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Here is clearly visible how thick the line is on the right and how thin is on the right.

This is the back side.
down.jpg
down.jpg (50.43 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Here again, the board is cut near where the laser touches it.

I was expecting to see the "best cut" near the "focus" marker...what's is going on?
Any suggestions/ideas?

Thank you very much for your attention and for any advice you can give me!

--
Paolo
justin_h

Re: Focus issue with Acmer P1

Post by justin_h »

rusko wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm Hi guys,

I made a "focus test" with my new Acmer P1 10w and the result is... well... go on reading.

The marker "Focus" (in the middle) is where the laser is at the "nominal" distance (set with a "spacer" mounted on the laser itself), the marker similar to a Φ (on the right) is where the laser touches the board (3mm thick).

This is the Front side.
up.jpg
Here is clearly visible how thick the line is on the right and how thin is on the right.

This is the back side.
down.jpg

I was expecting to see the "best cut" near the "focus" marker...what's is going on?
Any suggestions/ideas?

--
Paolo

Regarding the focus issue with Acmer P1, ensuring proper focus is essential for achieving optimal laser engraving results. Start by checking the focus lens and making sure it's clean and free from any debris. Additionally, ensure that the material surface is flat and positioned at the correct focal distance from the laser head. Experimenting with different focus settings and running test engravings can also help pinpoint the ideal focus for your specific application. If the issue persists, considering reaching out to Acmer P1's customer support for further assistance.

I hope my solution can help you, this is Bom from Monport laser Team. If you are interested in Monport laser in the future, please check my affiliate link https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.
joshuag

Re: Focus issue with Acmer P1

Post by joshuag »

rusko wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm Hi guys,

This is the Front side.
up.jpg

This is the back side.
down.jpg

Any suggestions/ideas?

--
Paolo

It seems like you're encountering a focus issue with your Acmer P1 laser engraver. While troubleshooting, have you considered exploring the Monport laser? It's renowned for its ease of use, high quality, and affordability, which might address your concern. Check out the Monport laser product on https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
for more information. It could be a worthwhile alternative to consider.