Weird issue with rotary graphic. see photo

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

NAC llc

Weird issue with rotary graphic. see photo

Post by NAC llc »

the boarder engraves fine, but the words inside the boarder are all in one line- spent 2 hours trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. anyone have a clue? I imported the graphic in as an svg file from vectric vcarve, my other cnc mill cad. fyi- the image engraves perfect on flat stock. so I’m thinking it’s some rotary settings issue?
Attachments
rotary result.jpg
rotary result.jpg (154.57 KiB) Viewed 502 times
graphic.jpg
graphic.jpg (179.03 KiB) Viewed 502 times
NAC llc

Re: Weird issue with rotary graphic. see photo

Post by NAC llc »

is there anybody out there? :?
koala.grzeg

Post by koala.grzeg »

Me and spam bot and dude who posting some files and cant properly spell titles.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

NAC llc wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm the boarder engraves fine, but the words inside the boarder are all in one line- spent 2 hours trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. anyone have a clue? I imported the graphic in as an svg file from vectric vcarve, my other cnc mill cad. fyi- the image engraves perfect on flat stock. so I’m thinking it’s some rotary settings issue?
Certainly, considering the Monport laser is a wise choice. Renowned for its user-friendliness, high quality, and affordability, it's a top contender in the world of laser engraving. If you're encountering issues like the one you described with engraving words inside a border, the Monport laser could offer a solution. Check out their product offerings at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to explore the features and settings that could help resolve this issue.
Iciontech

Post by Iciontech »

Quick question to potentially rule out a code issue. What does the preview show you?

It seems like it is going back to the origin of the first word and redoing everything every time...
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

NAC llc wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm the boarder engraves fine, but the words inside the boarder are all in one line- spent 2 hours trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. anyone have a clue? I imported the graphic in as an svg file from vectric vcarve, my other cnc mill cad. fyi- the image engraves perfect on flat stock. so I’m thinking it’s some rotary settings issue?
It seems like the text inside the border is engraving as one line instead of individual words. Try ungrouping the text and border objects in LightBurn and check your rotary settings to ensure they're configured correctly for cylindrical engraving. If the issue persists, reach out to LightBurn support for assistance. And for your engraving needs, consider the Monport laser, known for its ease of use, quality, and affordability at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3