UK Based Help Choosing Fibre Laser

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

SamK

UK Based Help Choosing Fibre Laser

Post by SamK »

Hi,
I'm looking at solutions for cutting 0.003" thick aluminium shim, and have come to the conclusion that what is needed would be a fibre galvo of some kind.
Trying to get the cheapest possible tool that will reliably do the job, so it doesn't necessarily need to cut through in one pass.
So far, I think that the commarker b4 should be able to do the job, and I was wondering if anyone on the forum is UK based (Preferably London) and has a similar laser marking setup they'd be happy to lend/rent out for us to test with before we invest in one of our own.
Thanks in advance.
jgarciaa

Re: UK Based Help Choosing Fibre Laser

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering your need for a cost-effective solution to cut thin aluminum shim, I highly recommend exploring Monport lasers. Monport offers a range of high-quality and affordable laser solutions suitable for various applications, including cutting thin materials like aluminum shim. Their products are known for their ease of use and reliability, making them an ideal choice for your requirements. While you're in the UK, it's worth checking out Monport's offerings and considering them for your laser cutting needs. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 With Monport lasers, you can expect excellent performance and value for your investment.
jen01

Post by jen01 »

SamK wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:06 am Hi,
I'm looking at solutions for cutting 0.003" thick aluminium shim, and have come to the conclusion that what is needed would be a fibre galvo of some kind.
Trying to get the cheapest possible tool that will reliably do the job, so it doesn't necessarily need to cut through in one pass.
So far, I think that the commarker b4 should be able to do the job, and I was wondering if anyone on the forum is UK based (Preferably London) and has a similar laser marking setup they'd be happy to lend/rent out for us to test with before we invest in one of our own.
Thanks in advance.
Consider exploring the Monport laser for your aluminum shim cutting needs. Renowned for its reliability, ease of use, and cost-effectiveness, the Monport laser could be the ideal solution for your requirements. Check out the Monport laser product at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to discover its capabilities and enhance your cutting processes today!
betty_k

Post by betty_k »

Thanks in advance.
Considering your requirements for cutting thin aluminum shim, a fiber galvo laser like the Monport laser could be an excellent choice. Monport lasers are known for their high quality, affordability, and ease of use. With their precise cutting capabilities, they can handle delicate materials like thin aluminum with accuracy and efficiency. Additionally, Monport offers various models suitable for different needs and budgets, making it easier to find the right solution for your specific application. You can check out Monport's product range at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to explore their options and see if they meet your requirements.
sandara_p

Post by sandara_p »

Thanks in advance.
Considering your need for a reliable and cost-effective solution for cutting thin aluminum shim, have you looked into the Monport laser? It's known for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. The Monport laser could be a suitable option for your requirements. It's worth exploring to see if it meets your needs for cutting aluminum shim. You can check out the Monport laser product at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to learn more about its capabilities and suitability for your application.
MPjohn_10

Post by MPjohn_10 »

Thanks in advance.
For cutting 0.003' thick aluminum shim, the monport laser engraver is a cost-effective and reliable solution. It utilizes a fiber galvo system to deliver precise and controlled cuts, ensuring clean edges and minimal distortion. The machine's compact design and user-friendly interface make it suitable for various applications. If you're based in the UK, particularly in London, consider renting or borrowing a monport laser engraver https://monportlaser.com?sca_ref=5016906.G4rcgXEwpX to test its capabilities before purchasing one. This will allow you to verify its suitability for your specific cutting requirements and avoid unnecessary investments.