Files can not be imported into PHCAD software

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Gerard_Degon

Files can not be imported into PHCAD software

Post by Gerard_Degon »

Hi,guys
I'm attaching the file I need to import into the PHCAD software.
I have installed Corel Draw and the Adobe Illustrator file opens in Corel without any problems. I can only presume that the dll file in the PHCAD software isn't doing the job of reading the file.
Who can help me convert this file into CAD format?Let me finish this project
Thanks in advance

David
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: Files can not be imported into PHCAD software

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi David,
I had tried the file you attached,and all files except .dxf file have error.
Maybe you did not convert this file in correct way.
I have had tried to convert the file as .dxf file and it can be imported by PHCAD.
What type the file save as,please see the attached picture.
and also send the .dxf file I try well to you.
Gerard_Degon

Post by Gerard_Degon »

Hi
The .ai files was created in Adobe Illustrator CS5 and PHCAD does not recognise it even though it says it is a compatible file type. The .dxf format was created as an export from Adobe Illustrator as you can see in the attachment.

The .dwg file was created in Corel Draw from the import of the Illustrator .ai file and my version of Corel doe not give me the option to save the file as .dxf format

The PHCAD software does not recognise a simple .ai file produced from a commercial version of Adobe Illustrator even though it says it can, so there is something wrong with it - I sent you a screenshot of the following. And it would appear that you can't import it either as an .ai file.

If you have converted the file I sent you and successfully imported it then please send me the PHCAD format file so I can get this project finished whilst we sort out what's wrong with the import function.
Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (111.26 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
22.jpg
22.jpg (198.18 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi David,
If the dxf file i sent to you can run by PHCAD.
1、why The PHCAD software does not recognise a simple .ai file produced from a commercial version of Adobe Illustrator even though it says it can.
The PHCAD have not optimized since 2013,so lead to it can not support high version of ai file well.try to import dxf file ,and the dxf file you convert still have same problem,
maybe you save not right,as your picture try to keep the Outline text and cancel other ticked in option frame.
1482119244699_pic.jpg
1482119244699_pic.jpg (31.03 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
and see that if this dxf file can run.
2、About you corel is simple version,so it doe not give you the option to save the file as .dxf format ,you should use coreldraw X5 or X7 .
and I use coreldarw X7 to save your files as dxf format,and it can run in PHCAD.
1482119255022_pic.jpg
1482119255022_pic.jpg (119.31 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
1482119263308_pic.jpg
1482119263308_pic.jpg (127.99 KiB) Viewed 3420 times