Some K40 issues

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

renegadeltd

Some K40 issues

Post by renegadeltd »

Hi all,

I have a K40 and replaced the board with a MINI GERBIL and running Lightburn software.

The tube is brand new and connected with a HV connection. I have aligned all the mirrors and got it working pretty well (needs a few last adjustments) but when engraving I observed a noise which is kind of like an arc noise but can't figure out where its coming from and indeed if it is normal as this is my first Co2 laser.

Every HV connection is well insulated and there is no loss of power. Constant water going through the tube and it was only running for around 15 minutes. Is anyone able to advise a) is this a normal thing? and b) if it's not what could it be?

I should add that when cutting there is no noise at all - only when engraving and it makes the sound every time the laser is etching.

Thanks in advance.
eeze

Re: Some K40 issues

Post by eeze »

are you using distilled water that has no salts in it. if you are not and there is a high parts per million ratio then it is your cooling water conducting electricity from the laser tube in to the water tank. very dangerous.