Help - laser control

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Weldyne

Help - laser control

Post by Weldyne »

Hi Everyone

I am a newby here and I need help desperately:
Recently blew the power supply on our 120W CO2 laser. We ordered and fitted a new power supply (which was a pretty simple job) and fired up the machine only to find that the laser was immediately running ie the tube was active on startup which was a surprise. We cannot switch it off on the control panel and there is no response to this from our laptop which controls the laser cutting. The laser head performs all other functions OK though. It looks like the laser control box is not communicating properly with the laser power supply. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Mike
Jrobinson15

Re: Help - laser control

Post by Jrobinson15 »

Hi Mike,

I'm also a newbie and going through some power supply issues. The thing that popped into my mind when you mentioned the laser being on constantly was that it maybe be a wiring issue. Check the wiring setup on your original power supply and see if it corresponds to the new supply.

James
Weldyne

Re: Help - laser control

Post by Weldyne »

Thanks James - did exactly that and managed to resolve the issue. Laser now only fires when triggered from the control panel or from the cutting software.